The Buzzards Bay Coalition seeks an energetic and responsible individual to lead youth exploration programs in New Bedford and across the Buzzards Bay Watershed. These programs aim to foster discovery, connection, and active stewardship. Download the full position description and qualifications.
This position reports to the Outdoor Exploration Manager. The responsibilities of the Youth Outdoor Exploration Lead include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement outdoor exploration programs for 4th and 5th Grade students who attend New Bedford’s Sea Lab Marine Science Center. These programs are outside the classroom and immerse New Bedford student – both literally and figuratively – in Buzzards Bay.
- Lead 4th and 5th Grade classes on walks to explore the shoreline of New Bedford’s East Beach and learn about Buzzards Bay and the plants and animals they find. Last year, 1,251 students got to tap into their natural curiosity and spend more time learning outside with the Coalition through Sea Lab.
- Ensure a safe environment for all outdoor, on-the-water, and shore side activities.
- Management and care of program equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for Grant evaluation and reporting tasks.
- Grant research and application when requested.
- Lead family and youth Bay Adventures, when requested, communicating the Coalition’s mission and the importance of signing up for Bay Buzz e-newsletter and becoming a member.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers for additional program support.
This is a year-round, part-time position totaling 20 hrs/week. Salary is $22/hour. No employee benefits are provided.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter, via email, to Rebecca Vasa, Outdoor Exploration Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Buzzards Bay Coalition seeks an experienced, efficient, and effective Communications Director to implement its strategic communications objectives and help tell the story of Buzzards Bay. The position is a hands-on job that demands an energetic, dependable candidate who possesses high attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
The Communication Director will operate within the Engagement team, and be responsible for increasing public awareness of the challenges facing Buzzards Bay, building support for its protection, and establishing the Coalition as the source of information and programming to support and encourage more people to make personal connections with the Bay and the watershed. Download the full position description.
The position is currently available. Interested applicants should respond by email with a cover letter and resume to Rhonda Veugen, Vice President, Engagement, email@example.com.