Wareham, MA 02558
Immerse yourself in the practice of cold water immersion using the clean, calm waters of Onset Bay.
In partnership with Cherie Blier, Cold Water Wellness is an ongoing series on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30am, and Saturdays at 8:00am. Beginner and experienced plungers welcome.
Cold water immersion enthusiasts suggest that 11 minutes a week (often broken up into multiple sessions) of cold water immersion can improve heart health, reduce muscle inflammation, strengthen the immune system, positively impact mental health, and increase energy.
As a group, our weekly goal will be to build up toward 11 minutes of cold water immersion (no longer than 6 minutes per session) while working towards controlled conscious breathing. Each plunger will have a tailored approach, you may begin at 30 seconds and each time build up your tolerance to the cold with Cherie’s strategies to help you.
Join Cherie Blier, an Intuitive Wellness Coach, for a half hour of breathwork and cold water immersion focused on achieving the anticipated benefits associated with the practice.
- Meet Cherie and OBC staff at the flagpole to begin the session.
- Set goals and learn about the practice of Cold Water Wellness.
- Practice controlled and conscious breathwork.
- After a safety briefing, enter the water as a group, accompanied by a lifeguard. Build up to between 4 & 6 minute submersions at your own pace, with guidance from experienced staff, adding time incrementally to each session.
- Warm up in the center, change into dry clothing, and leave feeling refreshed and invigorated for your day!
- Warm clothing to change into after the session
- Shoes that can get wet and protect your feet while in the water (optional)
It’s important to note that cold water wellness is not suitable for everyone. It’s a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before starting cold water immersion, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.