Are you a member of the Appalachian Mountain Club Southeastern Massachusetts chapter, but haven’t tried any of their activities yet? Are you not a member and wondering what it’s all about? Do you want to get back into outdoor activities, but are not sure where to start?
Join the Southeastern Mass Chapter of AMC along with the Friends of Myles Standish at Myles Standish State Forest in Carver on Saturday, April 14 for “Take It Outside with AMC SEM – 2018.” Meet trip leaders and try a hike, some trail work, a nature walk, or a bike.
- 10:00am: Beginner Hike with a Naturalist – East Head Loop
- 10:00am: Intermediate Hike – Bentley Loop
- 10:00am: Intermediate Hike – Cherry Pond
- 10:00am: Nature Walk with a Birder – East Head Loop
- 10:00am: Intermediate Road Cycling
- 10:00am: Trail Work
- 1:00pm: Family Hike
- 1:00pm: Intermediate Hike – Pine Barrens Path
- 1:30pm: Beginner Hike – East Head Loop
- 1:30pm: Beginner Bike Ride – Fearing Pond and Charge Pond
- 1:30pm: Trail Work
All are welcome; bring a friend. There is no cost for the activities and there is a free lunch to participants. We know once you try it, you’ll be hooked.