Marion, MA 02738
The 440-foot high radio towers, erected by the Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company in 1914, were used by the US Air Force during World War II. In 1956 all but one of the 14 towers were dismantled. The remains are still seen throughout the 109 acres. This property abuts other SLT preserves, including Barnabas, White Eagle, and Bow Bells and links through Barnabas to the Haskell Swamp Wildlife Management Area.
The Radio Tower Trail is accessible from Benson Brook Road, past the Marion Transfer Station. Parking is available in that area and participants should gather at the end of Benson Brook Road.