Wareham, MA 02558
Start 2023 off with a SPLASH as we plunge into Onset Bay to celebrate the new year! Join us at Onset Bay Center on January 2, 10:00am-12:00pm, to take part in the fun! Spirited outfits are encouraged! Please bring a change of clothes (see list below), and join us back inside the center after the plunge to warm up and have some refreshments at the Plunge After Party
Arrival and Check In: 10:00-10:30am
After Party in the Center: 11:00am-12:00pm
What to Bring:
- A full set of warm, dry clothes to change into after the plunge
- A bag for wet clothes
- A towel
- Water-friendly Shoes for going into the water (optional but recommended)
- Waterproof camera to capture the moment (optional)
What to Expect:
- Upon arrival, you’ll stop by the Check In table, then head upstairs to McFadden Hall to prepare for the plunge. There will be cubbies to store your belongings. The plunge will take place in multiple waves. When your wave is called, make your way to the beach and get ready to plunge!
- Onset Bay will be COLD, but the risk of hypothermia is very low, as participants will not be submerged in the water for very long. Onset Bay Center staff and volunteers will be present to lead the plunge and keep everyone safe. The Bay Plunge is a Choose-Your-Challenge adventure, so please go at your own pace, and participate however you feel comfortable! The temperature may take your breath away when you first enter the water, so feel free to take your time! There is no pressure to fully submerge in the water or stay in for longer than you’d like.
- Following your plunge, warm up inside the heated center, change out of your wet clothing, and celebrate with some refreshments with fellow plungers as we welcome 2023!