New Bedford, MA 02740
Due to rainy weather, this event has been rescheduled from Tuesday, July 23 to Monday, August 5.
Explore one of Buzzards Bay’s most fascinating islands with the Buzzards Bay Coalition! Join us as we spend the day touring Cuttyhunk Island. Whether you’re taking the ferry over or you are staying on Cuttyhunk, all are welcome!
We will spend the morning walking the island on a guided tour and the afternoon exploring the beach and snorkeling. Snorkeling equipment will be provided if needed.
- 9AM: Ferry Departs from Cuttyhunk Ferry Company in New Bedford
- 10AM: Ferry arrives to Cuttyhunk; any participants on-island should meet the group here at the ferry offload point (end of Gosnold County Road)
- 10AM – 12PM: Guided walking tour of Cuttyhunk Island
- 12PM – 2PM: Lunch/Individual Exploration
- 2PM – 3PM: Guided Beach Exploration/ Snorkeling (Church’s Beach)
- 3PM – 4PM: Free exploration time
- 4PM: Ferry departs Cuttyhunk Island
- 5PM: Ferry arrives in New Bedford
To register for this program, please contact the Buzzards Bay Coalition via email@example.com with your day-of contact information, and let us know if you will be taking the ferry or joining us on the island.
Registration for this event is free; however, tickets to Cuttyhunk must be purchased through the Cuttyhunk Ferry Company website.
Cost: Free; ferry tickets $45 adults, $35 children round-trip (same day)