We are committed to providing quality programs this summer that are safe for all participants and their families. Our limited on-the-water programs ensure that we operate safely within the COVID-19 guidelines set forth by the state. Adult participants and the the parents or guardians of children who participate will be asked to complete an acknowledgement and waiver form.
The following measures are taken by the Onset Bay Center staff and program partners:
– Program attendance for our youth sessions are capped at 12 children for the afterschool program, five children for the Go Fish! Onset Bay program, six children for Instructional Rowing and 10 children for Beach Yoga. The group size is kept low to facilitate effective social distancing.
– All staff are required to wear face masks and maintain a six-foot distance from all participants.
– Our staff adheres to a rigorous disinfecting routine where all program equipment is cleaned after each use. This includes sanitizing all kayaks, paddles, row boats, sail boat, paddleboards, and program supplies with an Isopropyl cleaner. Our life jacket cleaning follows the manufacturer’s recommendation of hot water and mild detergent after any use, followed by three full days for drying before re-use.
– Upon arrival for youth sessions, participants are spaced six feet apart, required to wear masks, and offered hand sanitizer throughout the program. If a participant does not have a mask, we will provide one.
– At program launch, all equipment is spaced out six feet apart to ensure social distancing for participants.
– During our beach exploration time, all participants and staff are required to wear masks and stand a safe distance apart.
– Our Go Fish! Onset Bay (catch & release) program adheres to the state’s guidelines put forth on charter fishing operations. This includes wearing masks, maintaining safe distance and no sharing of fishing equipment.
– The Onset Bathhouse is closed to the public at this time.