New Bedford, MA 02740
Solutions to Nitrogen Pollution: Installation of Nitrogen Reducing Septic Systems
This two-part series will showcase real-world solutions to Buzzards Bay’s largest source of nitrogen pollution, septic systems. Learn about two Coalition projects to upgrade traditional residential septic systems with nitrogen-reducing technology.
Both workshops will take place at the Coalition’s headquarters at 114 Front St., New Bedford. Optional field visits will show participants nitrogen-reducing septic system installations at homes in Falmouth and Acushnet. Workshops are free, with lunch provided. Participants may be eligible for TCH credits for Title 5 Soil Evaluator and System Inspector. RSVP to Korrin Petersen at (508) 999-6363 x206 by March 23.
Layer Cake Demonstration Project in the Buzzards Bay Watershed
- 12:00pm: Check-in & Lunch
- 12:30pm: Project Background: Maureen Thomas, Buzzards Bay Coalition
- 12:45pm: Technology: George Heufelder, Massachusetts Alternative Septic System Test Center
- 1:15pm: Design & Permitting: Brian Grady, GAF Engineering
- 1:45pm: Installation
- 2:15pm: Homeowner’s Perspective
- 2:30pm: Results & Costs: George Heufelder
- 3:15pm: Wrap up & Questions
- 4:30pm: Optional Field Tour in Acushnet