1. Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures (Westport)
Westport’s Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures provides instruction, tours, sales, and rentals of sea kayaking, surf kayaking, and stand-up paddleboard equipment. The shop is located at the Head of Westport Town Landing on the East Branch of the Westport River. This picturesque landscape is perfect for beginners who want to enjoy the sights of salt marshes, coastal farmland, old stone walls, and wildlife like ospreys and bald eagles.
In addition to its main Westport location, Osprey now offers rentals at Apponagansett Park in South Dartmouth, where paddlers can explore Apponagansett Bay and the shores of Padanaram Village. Rentals in Dartmouth are available on weekends from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
All rentals include a life jacket, paddle, and basic instruction. Local delivery and pickup may also be available for multiple kayak or weekly kayak rentals with advanced reservations.
Rates – Head of Westport:
- Single kayak: $25/hour, $10/each additional hour
- Double kayak: $35/hour, $15/each additional hour
- Stand-up paddleboard: $15/hour, $15/each additional hour
- Canoe: $30/hour, $15/each additional hour
Rates – Apponagansett Bay:
- Single kayak: $60/6 hours, $70/24 hours, $295/week
- Double kayak: $75/6 hours, $85/24 hours, $350/week
- Stand-up paddleboard: $65/6 hours, $75/24 hours, $325/week
- Stand-up paddleboard – Carbon: $60/6 hours, $70/24 hours, $295/week
- Composite Sea Kayak/Surfski: $70/6 hours, $80/24 hours, $340/week
- Canoe: $75/6 hours, $85/24 hours, $350/week
2. Mattapoisett YMCA (Mattapoisett)
The Mattapoisett YMCA now offers paddling equipment rentals at its beautiful facility on Mattapoisett Harbor. Rent a single or double kayak, a stand-up paddleboard, or a paddle boat and explore the harbor and the mouth of the Mattapoisett River. This is a terrific place to paddle if you’re looking for calm, quiet waters with lots of nature and wildlife. Head over to neighboring Shining Tides Beach or paddle upriver past the Mattapoisett Town Landing and under the footpath bridge of the Mattapoisett Rail Trail.
Reservations are required at least one week in advance to rent equipment. The rental season runs from June 19 to August 25. Rentals are available Monday through Friday from 6:00-8:00pm, Saturdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm, and Sundays from 12:00-4:00pm. YMCA members save 50% on rentals.
- Single kayak: $18/hour, $25/2 hours, $40/4 hours
- Double kayak: $30/hour, $45/2 hours, $50/4 hours
- Stand-up paddleboard: $30/hour, $45/2 hours
- Paddle boat: $20/hour, $30/2 hours, $40/4 hours
3. Nemasket Kayak Center (Wareham/Plymouth)
With four unique locations – Tihonet Pond, Onset Bay, and the Tremont Nail Factory in Wareham and College Pond at Myles Standish State Forest in Plymouth – Nemasket Kayak Center is your guide to paddling the upper Bay’s coastal waters, rivers, and ponds. Nemasket also offers guided paddling trips at various spots around the region, including sunset and wildlife tours.
During the summer season, you can rent equipment every day at Onset Beach, Tuesday-Sunday at Tihonet Pond, and Friday-Sunday at Tremont Nail Factory and College Pond. All rental rates include paddles, life jackets, and basic safety/paddling instruction. Seniors 65+ and active military (with ID) save 10% on all rentals.
- Single kayak (adult): $15/hour, $60/day, $100/3 days, $179/week
- Single kayak (youth ages 13-17): $10/hour, $40/day
- Double kayak: $20/hour, $65/day, $150/3 days, $199/week
- Stand-up paddleboard: $16/hour, $65/day, $150/3 days, $179/week
- Canoe (2 people, Tihonet Pond location only): $20/hour, $65/day, $150/3 days, $199/week
4. Cape Cod Watersports (Bourne)
Formerly located on Old Silver Beach in Falmouth, Cape Cod Watersports offers pickup rentals as well as rental deliveries from its new and convenient location off the Bourne Bridge Rotary. Stop in to rent a kayak or paddleboard on your way across the bridge to the beach, and explore local Cape Cod waters like Phinneys Harbor, Little Bay, and Red Brook Harbor.
- Single kayak: $25/hour, $50/half day, $70/day, $125/week
- Double kayak: $35/hour, $60/half day, $70/day, $150/week
- Stand-up paddleboard: $25/hour, $39/half day, $49/day, $150/week
5. Cape Cod Kayak (Bourne)
Cape Cod Kayak in Pocasset offers daily, weekend, and weekly kayak and paddleboard rental options. With a variety of kayaks to choose from, even experienced and specialty kayakers will find the right gear here. Cape Cod Kayak also has a full schedule of paddling tours for all ages and abilities throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Every rental includes a life jacket, and delivery is available on the upper Cape.
- Kiwis: $39/6 hours, $49/day, $69/weekend, $189/week
- High-end recreational kayak: $55/6 hours, $65/day, $90/weekend, $255/week
- Light touring or fishing kayak: $60/6 hours, $65/day, $95/weekend, $270/week
- Touring kayak: $65/day, $120/weekend, $325/week
- Tandem recreational kayak: $75/6 hours, $80/day, $135/weekend, $325/week
- Tandem touring kayak: $500/week
- Stand-up paddleboard: $40/day, $50/overnight (24 hours), $250/week