Acushnet, MA 02743
Enjoy food, festivities, and outdoor fun during the third annual Acushnet River Herring Festival on Saturday, May 19 at The Sawmill in Acushnet. This family-friendly festival will celebrate the ongoing restoration of the Acushnet River during the annual river herring migration. The festival is free and open to all, and will feature music, live animal demonstrations, fishing and canoeing, guided walks, and kids’ activities.
After the Herring Festival, all are welcome to stay for the Coalition’s 30th Annual Meeting to hear about the Coalition’s accomplishments to protect clean water in 2017 and meet other supporters as well as Coalition board and staff.
Schedule of Activities:
- 11am-12pm: Restoration tour of The Sawmill
- 11am-1pm: Fishing demo/tent — Bret Bokelkamp of Trout Unlimited
- 11am-3pm: Canoeing
- 11am-3:45pm: Kids’ tent (touch tank, arts and crafts)
- 12-1pm: Mammal Show — The Creature Teachers
- 1-2pm: Vinny the Bubble Guy
- 2-3pm: Birds of Prey — Tom Ricardi
- 3-3:45pm: Toe Jam Puppet Band
- 4-6pm: 30th Annual Meeting